Walton Hall - Warwickshire
In the late 1850’s the architect Sir George Gilbert Scott designed the gothic revival style mansion house that we know as Walton Hall. On the gable end overlooking the lake a large orangery with a glass domed roof was constructed. Over the years this glass roof had been patched up and repaired many times. When the new owners took over and opened up the hall as a hotel and spa Jessops were employed extensively for the refurbishment of the grade II listed roofs, the new slate roofs over the spa and swimming pool buildings.
To renew the orangery roof in glass was not in the hotels budget so Jessops put forward a proposal to treat this roof with a seamless liquid plastic. The proposal was agreed by the architects and project manager. The work was successfully undertaken and the orangery is back in full use.